- What are Psoriasis and Eczema
- The Benefits of using Organic Products to Treat P/E
- Ingredients that Should Be Present in Organic Solutions
- Why Natural Healing is the preferred option for your health
- Common Questions and Organic Skincare Products
- Tips for using Organic Skincare Products
Natural healing has been around for centuries, and it has only recently become increasingly popular due to the rise in awareness of its many benefits.
Organic skincare products are a natural and holistic way to help treat skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema. Not only can they be more effective than traditional treatments, but they also cause fewer side effects and are gentler on the skin and body as a whole.
In this article, we’ll discuss the numerous benefits of using organic skincare products to treat these two common skin conditions.
We’ll also look at what ingredients should be present in these products, and why they work so well. With natural products, many get relief from psoriasis and eczema without relying on harsh chemicals or medications.
So, if you’re looking for an effective, safe, and natural way to treat your skin condition, read on to learn more about the healing power of organic skincare products.
What are Psoriasis and Eczema?
Psoriasis is a common, non-contagious skin condition that is characterized by patches of inflamed and scaly skin. It affects an estimated 7.5 million people in the United States, with equal distribution between the genders.
Usually, it is thought to be caused by a person’s immune system overreacting to the proteins in their skin cells, causing them to build up and make the skin grow at a faster rate than normal, which in turn causes inflammation.
Eczema is a skin condition with symptoms that are quite similar to those of psoriasis, except that it is characterized by extreme dryness and itching, while psoriasis is characterized by scaly patches.
Eczema is caused by a person’s immune system overreacting to external factors, like allergens, stress, and cold temperatures.
The most common areas to be affected by psoriasis and eczema include the scalp, the knees, the palms of the hands, the soles of the feet.
Benefits of using organic skin care products for psoriasis and eczema
As dermatologists are quick to remind us, psoriasis and eczema are not contagious. But what many people don’t know is that psoriasis and eczema also aren’t caused by an infection.
Although psoriasis and eczema are chronic conditions, they can be managed by using topical treatments and skincare products that are gentle and effective.
By using organic skincare products, you can treat the symptoms of your condition without side effects.
Organic skincare products use natural ingredients that are much gentler on the skin than traditional skincare products. Many of the harsh chemicals that are used in conventional skincare products have been found to exacerbate psoriasis and eczema symptoms.
Because organic skincare products use natural ingredients that are gentle on the skin, they are often an effective way to manage the symptoms of psoriasis and eczema.
If you are looking for natural Psoriasis and Eczema relief, we encourage you to explore organic products such as our signature Psoriasis & Eczema Organic Skincare Balm.
Ingredients that should be present in organic skincare products
Natural healing products should always contain a mix of ingredients that are effective at soothing inflammation and repairing damaged skin.
If you have psoriasis or eczema, it’s important to avoid products that contain ingredients that may worsen your condition. At the same time, you should avoid products that don’t contain ingredients that can help improve your skin.
Here are the ingredients that should be present in organic skincare products for those who suffer from psoriasis and eczema.
These are the ingredients found in Violet Leaf’s trademark Psoriasis & Eczema Balm:
- Shea butter: Anti-inflammatory, hydrating, emollient
- Grass-fed beef tallow: Moisturizing, antioxidant
- Beeswax: Humectant, anti-inflammatory
- Oregon grape root extract: Anti-inflammatory, helps slow scale formation
- White birch tar: Helps slow scale production
- Bakuchiol extract: Soothing, hydrating, antioxidant
- Qing dai extract: Anti-inflammatory
- Comfrey oil: Moisturizing, soothing, promotes healthy skin tissue
- Carrot seed oil: Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant
- Aloe: Hydrating, antioxidant
- Vitamin e oil: Moisturizing, nourishing
- Castor oil: Humectant, anti-inflammatory
- Perilla seed oil: Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant
- Black seed oil: Anti-inflammatory, astringent
- Almond oil: Moisturizing, emollient
- Kukui nut oil: Antioxidant, deeply moisturizing
- Ashoka extract: Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant
- Chinese goldthread extract: Anti-inflammatory
- Essential oil blend: Anti-inflammatory
- Linatural: Natural preservative
- Angelica root oil: Soothing, stimulate circulation
- Blue flag extract: Astringent and soothing
- Calendula co2: Anti-inflammatory
- Burdock extract: Anti-inflammatory
- Orris butter: Anti-inflammatory
Before and After Using Violet Leaf's P/E Balm
Before Using P/E Balm From Violet Leaf for One Year
After Using P/E Balm from Violet Leaf
Why natural healing is a better option
Conventional psoriasis and eczema treatments tend to be harsh and can cause several unwanted side effects.
Dermatologists recommend that eczema and psoriasis sufferers use topical corticosteroids, like hydrocortisone, to reduce inflammation and itching.
While these medications may be effective at reducing the most severe symptoms associated with eczema and psoriasis for some, they also come with several unwanted side effects.
These side effects can include skin atrophy, stretch marks, and an increased risk of infections and allergies. Using conventional skincare products, like soaps and shampoos, can also be problematic for those who suffer from eczema and psoriasis.
While these products may do an excellent job of removing dirt and oil from the skin, they can also leave behind harsh chemicals that can irritate the skin and make symptoms worse.
How to incorporate organic skincare products into your daily routine
At the beginning and end of every day, it’s important to cleanse your skin to remove dirt and excess oil that could clog pores and worsen your psoriasis or eczema symptoms. This will keep your skin healthy and reduce the risk of breakouts.
Best Practices for Dealing with Psoriasis and Eczema:
- Gently scrub your body with a loofah or exfoliating scrub to remove dead skin cells and improve circulation.
- Cleanse your skin with an anti-inflammatory cleanser. A great example is Violet Leaf Skincare’s Organic Oil Facial Cleanser.
- Moisturize your skin with an anti-inflammatory moisturizer like the Moisturizing Natural Body Butter by Violet Leaf Skincare.
- Treat your scalp with a conditioner designed for people with psoriasis or eczema.
Common questions about organic skincare products
Is it worth paying more for organic skincare products?
Yes. While the upfront cost of using organic skincare products is higher than using conventional skincare products, the long-term benefits and reduced risk of side effects make them a worthwhile investment. Not to mention, organic skincare products tend to last longer as less product is needed per use.
Do you have to use all organic skincare products? No. While it’s best to use as many organic skincare products as possible, it’s okay to use a few non-organic products when they are not available in an organic form.
What causes skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema? Overactive immune systems and environmental triggers.
Can children be affected by skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema? Yes. Both psoriasis and eczema are common skin conditions that affect children and adults.
Tips for using organic skincare products
Changing your diet may help to control your psoriasis and eczema symptoms. - Stay hydrated to prevent your skin from drying out.
Wear clothing made from breathable fabrics like cotton that won’t irritate your skin.
Limit your exposure to allergens that may worsen your symptoms.
- Try to reduce your stress levels, as stress can weaken the immune system and make psoriasis and eczema symptoms worse.
- Visit your dermatologist regularly to get diagnoses and treatment.
Psoriasis and eczema are common skin conditions that affect millions of people. Many conventional psoriasis and eczema treatments can cause harmful side effects, while others are too harsh to be applied to the skin.
Organic skincare products are gentler on the skin and contain ingredients that calm inflammation and help repair skin damage.
If you’re suffering from psoriasis or eczema, it’s important to avoid harsh chemicals that can further irritate your skin. Instead, opt for gentle, natural products that will soothe your skin and reduce the risk of infection.
With a few lifestyle changes and the help of organic skincare products, you can manage your symptoms and live a more comfortable life.